NIMS CNC Training
- 80+ hours of computerized and hands-on training
- Virtual simulators and on-the-job training
- 132 skills taught
- 24 self-paced learning units
- Operation of CNC machine
- Meets industry standards
Opportunities Abound! Learn more about the NIMS Program.
- 600,000 jobs are going unfilled every year due to lack of skill in the United States.
- 25,000 CNC machinists leave the profession for one reason or another each year but we only produce 8,000 CNC machinists per year.
- 25% of licensed skilled workers earn a bigger income than the average college graduate does.
CNC Programming Training
We recognize a huge skills gap in the U.S. due to lack of skilled workers available for the 600,000 jobs that are going unfilled every year. So, we are partnering with Geoff Hillman of Hillman Precision in Ohio to offer CNC Programming Training to local manufacturers, community members and anyone looking for a new career or brighter future in 2013. We are currently looking for a manufacturer in Southern Indiana or Louisville, Kentucky area to partner with, to offer CNC Programming Training upon completion of the basic CNC Certification.
Geoff has more than 35 years of manufacturing and programming experience. He founded Hillman Precision Manufacturing in 1991 and has been a successful CNC manufacturer for more than 20 years.
The first Basic CNC Training Classes have already begun but it’s never to late too sign up!
Some highlights of our training program: Coordinate Plane X, Y, Z
- G & M Codes
- Sample Part Programming both Lathe and Mill
- Speeds, Feeds, FPR and FPT
- Cutter Compensation
- Sample part programming with cutter compensation
- Course certificate upon completion
Trainees will receive the 29th edition of the Machinist Hand Book